Monday, August 30, 2010

Hey Men - Take Care of Your Health

Here is the latest email from Dr. Jacobs.

Learn the Facts about men and health care

When you get a preventive medical test, you’re not just doing it for yourself. You’re doing it for your family and loved ones:

• Men are 24 percent less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year and are 22 percent more likely to have neglected their cholesterol tests.
• Men are 28 percent more likely than women to be hospitalized for congestive heart failure.
• Men are 32 percent more likely than women to be hospitalized for long-term complications of diabetes and are more than twice as likely than women to have a leg or foot amputated due to complications related to diabetes.
• Men are 24 percent more likely than women to be hospitalized for pneumonia that could have been prevented by getting an immunization.

The single most important way you can take care of yourself and those you love is to actively take part in your health care. Educate yourself on health care and participate in decisions with your doctor. This site will help you get started.

Source: Healthcare Cost & Utilization Project and Medical Expenditure Panel Survey data.

2 comments:

Kimberly Walker said...

Good job Hun. That is my biggest prob with my weight loss... fighting temptations. I can't have any at all in the house or they will disappear in my tummy! My fridge and pantry are clean now of everything. I'm amazed and proud to see how far you've come. Keep up the great work... you look beautiful. You have a new follower now... we can keep an eye and kick butt if either of us slip off!
All the best,
Kim

Jen Newsham said...

Thanks Kimberly! It is so nice to meet you! I know what you mean. There are certain foods that I cannot keep in my house, because I will eat it all. :) You have full permission to kick my butt if I slip off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...